Life etc.

A happy adventure with baby Rowan.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Daycare

Rowan's second week at Loving Touch draws to a close today. Already, he seems to be getting into an adjustment mode. He doesn't cry as much, and now he's found Lisa! She's his surrogate Mom at daycare. Lisa told me he likes to sit in the swing and look around, likes looking out the window, the sound of the vacuum cleaner! I also found out he like pizza! He had it today for lunch for the first time. And yesterday he ate french toast. That's too cool. Little Boo Boo eating french toast for breakfast. He also likes mashed potatoes. We went to Friendly's for lunch on Wednesday, and he had his first french fry there.

All this would have sounded so incredibly dull to me in my pre-parenthood days. Now, it makes my entire week if he makes a new sound or eats a new food.
I never knew it would be like this. Never imagined the extreme highs and lows you experience with a baby. And how little it takes to feel those highs and lows. If he throws up his milk or is sick, my whole life seems wrong. And when he claps or giggles loudly at the lamps in the dining room or tries to climb on to the couch, my joy is boundless.

I'm sure life gets back on an even keel at some point. Every thing is still very intense. Intense excitement, intense worry, intense sleep deprivation, intense exhaustion.

Intense happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home