Life etc.

A happy adventure with baby Rowan.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Another tummy bug

The weekend had a familiar theme - vomiting, loss of appetite, then diarrhea.
Poor Rowan.
If I could take his troubles onto me, I would.
We noticed his hair's thinned quite a lot. Is it nutritional? January has been tough on the poor kid. Plus, he started daycare. He hates it, obviously. Cries and cries. Doesn't eat.
He fell off the charts... but he's in the 10th %tile for length. That's something.

On the other hand, now he's learned some neat baby tricks! We've taught him to clap his little hands together. And he jabbers to himself quite a bit. " Eeeffeeebee ffefefef ebeththethe". It's beyond adorable.
This just in: when I stretch out my hand and say "Give", he hands me his toy! Isn't that something? To think of how far he has come. Time was the only way he expressed excitement and joy was to kick his little legs like crazy. Now he screeches, laughs, giggles, waves his arms, claps and bounces!
He's also trying to squirm out of his high chair quite desperately.
And what's up with those Cheerios? He eats them like he's addicted.
But wait! Yesterday, he ate some spinach! I took Dr. Sears' advice. Served up some for myself and made exaggerated faces and "Mmmmm's" while eating it. Right on cue, he demanded some immediately! Hope he doesn't catch on to the trick anytime soon, because I have peas, green beans and broccoli on the menu next.
Sorry, Boo boo, but it's got to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home