Life etc.

A happy adventure with baby Rowan.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Rowan to daycare, Rowan to daycare

Hi! I'm Rowan and I'm 9 months old. I want to tell you a little bit about myself so it will easier for you to take care of me. I'm a really good baby, although I'm starting to get a little opinionated. I'm always smiling, as you'll notice. I love being held and rocked to sleep. I absolutely adore the sound of running water and often, that's how I'll fall asleep during the day. The sound of water really soothes me.
I love to play and crawl around. I've been crawling since I was 6.5 months old. I'm a real pro at it. I don't like napping much, but since I'm so energetic, I need about 3 naps a day. I also still wake up at 3 a.m. for a feed.
I'm on the smaller side and a little skinny. You see, I have reflux, and am on Prevacid. I also recently had a nasty bout of rotavirus, so I got skinnier. My Mommy and Daddy really want to see me get plump and have these things called fat rolls. So please feed me high-calorie foods often.
I'm starting to catch up. I'm drinking around 6 oz. of thickened Alimentum every few hours. I also love sweet potatoes, bananas, and pears. Not a big fan of peas and beans... but who is! My bottom 2 teeth are almost out. Teething is no picnic, let me tell you. It hurts! But I can't wait to get all my teeth because then I’ll get to finally eat some real food - i.e. what my Mommy and Daddy eat. They've been giving me cheerios, soft cheese, and little bits of mashed up table food… and I love it! I find Alimentum kinda boring. Can you blame me - I 've been drinking that stuff for months now!
Sorry about my stinky diapers. I poop about 2-3 times a day, and occasionally get constipated (it's probably all that rice cereal in my formula). Then my Mom gives me a little prune juice mixed in with the formula. Works like a charm.
I'm happy to be here so I can play with other babies and learn all kinds of cool things. But I might cry at first - after all, I'm just a little baby. If I do, I hope you’ll hold me and walk me around. I love those snuggles and cuddles. Since I'm so utterly cute, I'm sure you won't mind.
That's all for now. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, please give my Mommy or Daddy a call anytime!

- Rowan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home