Life etc.

A happy adventure with baby Rowan.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Cold

I read today that in their first year, babies can get up to 8-12 colds. Yikes. Rowan's on his second one and I feel so bad for him. His nose got all stuffy last night and he couldn't take the bottle. He cried so much when we used the nasal aspirator to get the goop out of his nose. Finally, I suggested we turn on the shower and let the bathroom steam up. Kedar sat in the bathroom with him and it helped instantly. While I was happy that my suggestion worked, it took me a while to remember that that's what worked for Rowan the last time he had a cold. Not thinking too clearly these days. Memory is shot to pieces. If I could only sleep an entire day, I think I'll be able to regain some of my brain function. Seriously. I have trouble remembering the smallest things. It's as if there are a bunch of tiny parts loosely rattling around in my head, and I don't have the slots to fit them in.
Anyway! Today is our Nanny's last day. She's been great. I hope Rowan adjusts well to her absence. Sometimes I think it's so hard to be a baby and do all this growing up! I wish he'd start talking soon. Then he could tell us what's bothering him and we could help him! What a novel idea. Right now, it's pure trial and error. I find myself wondering sometimes whether we're doing a horrible, terrible job taking care of him.
But hey, we have teeth! Teeth have been spotted! We can see the top of Rowan's two bottom teeth now. It's incredibly cute.
Rowan is full of surprises. It's like getting a gift that you keep opening for a long, long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home