Life etc.

A happy adventure with baby Rowan.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Manic mornings

2/7/06

Today was a crazy morning, and I need a plan to simplify the process. I had intended to wake up at 6-30 and get myself ready but Rowan woke up 3 times during the night, and I was up with him from 3 to 4-30. I brought him into our bed and that kept me up for a while. I'm always scared I'll jab him with my elbow or something. So Kedar woke up and they showered, then I showered, we got Rowan ready, AND fed him and washed his bottles out... it was crazy.
So here's my plan to simplify:
- Give Rowan a bath in the evening around 6-30, after a solid feeding. Then, he'll play a bit, hopefully take a bottle and go to bed.
- Dress him in his daycare outfit the night before.
- Prepare his bottles for the next day.
- Mornings, all that's left is for us to get ready and go.

I'm going to try it out this week.
Incidentally, this is the hardest I've EVER worked in my life. I had no idea of the sheer physical labor of raising a child. Nobody tells you. ( Even if they did, you'd never believe it.)
I found myself thinking this morning about how I used to spend my time before Rowan. Sheer indulgence! Waking up at 11 AM! Watching movies in the afternoon!

Now I need a clone, 6 extra hours in the day, and a self-cleaning house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home