Life etc.

A happy adventure with baby Rowan.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Winter Blues

I hate, abhor, despise winter on the East Coast. Rowan spent most of his first 2 winters battling a never-ending parade of viruses. He was sick almost every week for months. Every week! Now it's Ella's turn. She's 5 months old and already on her 6th cold. And this one is so bad we can hear it rattling in her chest every time she breathes. She's had the loosies, a rasping cough, a terrible diaper rash and congestion so bad that she's lost her voice. And the really fun part for her is - every morning, I have to schlep her in 20 degree weather to the babysitter's house.

I think I'm getting very close to the point where I'm starting to think that we'd be happier living in a warmer place. My kids getting sick for months at a time is too high a price to pay to live here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home