Life etc.

A happy adventure with baby Rowan.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Where is everybody?

Kedar and Rowan have been in Los Angeles for the past week, visiting with Kedar's brother. And I'm here, still under house arrest with my bedrest. What an utterly weird week it's been. I'm convinced someone's added at least 3 more hours to the day.
How did I spend my time before I had a kid?
But haven't I longed for just this kind of respite for the last three years? Now that I have it, it's biting me in the butt. ( Ok, I admit being on bedrest isn't exactly the restful, toddler-free break I yearned for, but still.)
The house is eerily quiet. No "Mommy!!!!!!! every 2 minutes. No annoying Diego/Wonder Pets on TV. No poopy diapers. No messy dining table. The playroom is so neat I have to pinch myself to believe it's real. It's all so goddamned perfect.
I HATE IT.
I can't wait for my little whirwind to come back and bring all his toddler chaos with him. Can't wait to smoosh his face and play Kiss Monster. Hell, I can't wait to change his diaper.
Such is the Mommy life. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home