Life etc.

A happy adventure with baby Rowan.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Feelings

Who says boys don't talk about their feelings?
When he's scared, Rowan says, " Wawa tared". When he's tired, he says "Tiya." And when he's happy, he says "Happy."

And then there are all those times when he doesn't need words. Words are so inefficient. Instead, he squeals with delight when I chase him around the house. Laughs till his eyes tear up at a funny face. Pants with excitement at seeing Daddy. Gives me a tight hug after a long day. Burps loudly after an especially favorite meal.

Words? Words are for boring old grown-ups.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I might have to agree with you on this one. The little ones say more with their actions than their vocabulary. J has quite a number of words, but they pale in comparison to the effect his smile or hugs have on me.

Thanks for the sweet comment on the blog. Hope to meet up at one of the playdates soon!

S

9:17 PM  
Blogger Mahek said...

hi
prachi
thanks for visiting my blog
blog war marathi mulgi pahun far ananda hoto...
surmai fry the way i do is
apply a mix of paste of tamarind juice,chilli powder,garlic paste and salt to the surmail marinate for sometime and then roll on rice flour atta (i should do a post on this and i will)
kelyavar mala sang keep in touch.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Prachi Junankar-Gokhale said...

Hi Sadaf,
I hope to meet up soon as well! Rowan is sick so I had to cancel tehe playdate at my place today. :-(

9:38 AM  
Blogger Prachi Junankar-Gokhale said...

Hi Mahek,
Thanks for the recipe. I'll defi. let you know when I make it. But I don't know what to use instead of Surmai. Spanish mackeral? I need to find an Asian grocery store in my area to get fresh fish.
Come back soon!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home